Garden Design Service
We have the know how. You have the garden.
- If you have a newly prepared garden bed or an existing garden with some room for new plants.
- If you know you want native species in your garden and you would like some help with your plant choices.
- If you have a vision for your native plant garden, perhaps a garden for pollinators, rain, drought or shade, and you need a little help making it a reality...
We will work with you to design your native plant garden.
Here Are 2 Options:
Option 1: Consultation - $85 plus tax
A one hour consultation at our nursery with our garden designer.
- bring your garden dimensions and pictures and thoughts about the garden of your dreams.
- Are encouraged to document our discussion.
Option 2: Consultation and Thematic Design Sketch - $300 plus tax (For either your front or back garden up to 1,500 square feet in area)
- ask questions so we can understand the characteristics of your garden (e.g., moisture, light and soil conditions, location of buildings, trees and fencing).
- ask you about your vision for your garden, your preferences (e.g., what colour of flowers do you like best) and your desired budget.
- discuss how you could prepare your garden bed and what soil amendments to use.
- discuss which native plants species would work well and sugges how many of each and where they could be placed.
- will follow up in a day or two with a cost estimate of your preferred plants.
In addition to all the items listed in Option 1 you get:
- a design sketch of your garden showing plant placement. This sketch is based on the measurements and photographs provided.
For a detailed design with greater accuracy we recommend a consultation together with a site visit, the price of which will be determined by the location, size and complexity of the design.
We are now scheduling 5 Consultation and Thematic Design Sketch projects in each of May, June and July. Please contact us
to reserve your spot.
We will see you in Claremont!!
Can't visit us in Claremont? We will deliver our plants right to your door.
- Peel Region (Caledon, Brampton and Mississauga) - $80
- York Region, West of Yonge St. (King, Vaughan, West Richmond Hill, West Aurora, West Newmarket) - $70
- York Region, East of Yonge St. (Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Whitchurch Stouffville, Markham, East Richmond Hill, East Aurora, East Newmarket) - $50
- Toronto, West of Yonge St. - $70
- Toronto, East of Yonge St. - $60
- Durham Region ( Brock, Uxbridge, Scugog, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Clarington) - $50
New this year... $20 Delivery Days
On specified days we will deliver our plants right to your door for a $20 delivery fee. For orders $100 and over before taxes. Prepaid with a credit card.
- York Region – Monday June 11
- Mississauga/West Toronto – Tuesday June 12
- East Toronto – Wednesday June 13
- Durham Region – Thursday June 14
click on map for a closer view
Landscapers with Native Plant Expertise
Looking for professional help with design/installation/maintenance of your native plant garden? We recommend:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-538-2445 | www.beeart.ca
Blue Oak Native Landscapes
Paul O'Hara | www.blueoak.ca
Joseph Leo | email@example.com
Mary Beerman | www.marylivingoutside.com
Parklane Landscapes (Beaverton area)
705-426-4300 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.parklanelandscapes.ca
Grow Me Instead
Invasive species are a significant threat to biodiversity. Horticulture is one of many pathways for the introduction and spread of invasive plants. With this in mind, the Ontario Invasive Plant Council (OIPC) and partners created a guide to help gardeners and landscapers choose beautiful, non-invasive plants. The Grow Me Instead
guide identifies common garden plants that may invade natural areas, thereby reducing native biodiversity and changing environmental conditions. It also provides a list of non-invasive alternatives for each of these plants. This resource is available for free download as a PDF from the OIPC website
Evergreen Brickworks Garden Market
Native Plants in Claremont is proudly supplying native perennials for sale at the Garden Market:
North American Native Plant Society (NANPS)
NANPS is dedicated to the study, conservation, cultivation and restoration of North America's native flora. Native Plants in Claremont is a proud supplier of native plants to the NANPS Annual Plant Sales.
Follow this link to NANPS' pamphlet about Butterfly Gardening: www.nanps.org